Missions mode is a single-player mode for Lawl Racing which the player must complete some tasks and earn a ranking similarly to that in World Tour mode. It involves 15 levels, each containing eight "missions" and a boss battle. Almost always the ranks depend on how much time is left or taken. There are varying mission types:
- Driving through gates - driving in between giant half wheels in the ground. Very often the player has to pass these gates in numerical order.
- Collecting coins - Players must pick up all the coins set in the track. Players may lose these coins by some obstacle of such course.
- Destroying item boxes - Players must run over Item Boxes. Usually the racer will obtain Speed Shoes after taking a box. In some cases, Item Boxes will move, and the player will have to catch up with it. Other missions the player must take care not to pick up the Fake Item Boxes alongside real ones.
- Using Stars, Spicy Curries, or Shells to destroy enemies.
- Driving backwards - players must use the B button to move, and directions on the pad are reversed. It is sometimes combined with other mission types.
- Performing power boosts within a certain lap - as said. More power boosts are often required to finish faster, meaning a higher ranking.
- Racing a CPU player for one lap - item boxes contain mushrooms and stars that the CPU can't use - the key to win. CPU players will always perform a Rocket Start. This mission type also includes a race against a Red Car.
- Boss Battle - Unlocked after complete the first eight courses in a level. Using items is usually a must in boss battles.
There are some one-time isolated missions as well that are self-explanatory. Each mission takes place on a course, often blocked off in some areas (sometimes even a battle course) and players are given a character in their own standard kart (CPU players are also in standard karts). Some Heavy Characters do not fight a boss. Sometimes speed shoes are laid across the track to help the player to complete the mission. When at least a * ranking is achieved on all missions and bosses in the first six levels, Level 7 is unlocked. Boss battles are unique. They have their own battlefields and different strategies are used to beat them.
The following table includes the mission number, in-game mission description, time limit for the mission (0:00 signifies it's a race, and the mission finishes at 2:00 if the race is not completed), course, and character the player plays as.
|1-1||Drive through all 5 numbered gates in order!||0:35||Green Forest||John|
|1-2||Collect 10 Coins!||0:50||Stonehenge||Rosa|
|1-3||Reach the Finish before Bass!+||0:00||Wily Fortress||Mega Man|
|1-5||Drive through all 7 numbered gates in order!||0:40||Nintendo 3DS||Mokujin|
|Boss||Use Speed Shoes to crash into Yaridovich and knock him off the stage 3 times!||5:00||Machine Factory*||Robo|
|Boss||Hit Mega Aggron 3 times with shells!||5:00||Desert Ruins*||Scorpion|
|3-2||Drive through all 6 numbered gates in order...backwards!||1:00||Splash Hill Zone||Amy Rose|
|3-5||Get Stars and run over 15 Sheeps!||Floating Island||Yugo|
|Boss||Reach the finish before Kevin Explender!||0:00||Hectare National Park||Adam Jackson|
|4-2||Reach to the finish before Best Hercules!||0:00||Best Colloseum||Cpend7|
|5-1||Reach to the finish before Taffyta Muttonfudge!||0:00||Sugar Rush||Mike BlazeStar|
|Boss||Hit Mega Tyranitar 3 times with bombs!||5:00||Terminus Cave*||Magmortar|
|6-8||Reach the finish before Hitler!+||0:00||Bunker**||Fegelein|
|Boss||Hit True Sigma 3 times with Shells!||5:00||Sigma Palace Throne Room*||X|
|Boss||Hit True Ogre 3 times with Bombs!1||5:00||Destroyded Temple*||Heihachi|
|Boss||Race the finish before Porky Minch||0:00||Onett||Heavy|
|15-6||Drive through all 8 numbered gates in order!||0:11||Nintendo 2DS||Combot|
|Boss||Hit Race Master 6 Times.||10:00||Cyberspace Void||Jack Jayson|
- *Conjectural title based on surroundings.
- **Denotes that the player drives through the course in the opposite direction.
- 1Using Green Shells (solo or triple) and Bombs
- 2The gates don't necessarily have to be driven through in order.
- 3Players can use any means - normal or powersliding - to finish.
- +Characters that are unlocked